Is hardwood flooring better than laminate flooring?
Yes. Hardwood floors can be repaired if it becomes damaged. For example; if something heavy is dropped on the floor and it ends up making a dent into the floor that becomes very noticeable as the wax and varnish start to chip away:
- The damaged part can simply be removed and replaced
- The damaged area can be sanded to sand away the scratches, varnish and wax
- With laminate flooring there is no replacing or repairing just one part as it can cause the rest of the floor to buckle; Sometimes the whole floor has to be replaced
- Hardwood floors are much stronger than laminate flooring; a necessity for families with pets and children.
- Yes, hardwood flooring does become damaged by water but so does laminate as it contains a layer of cardboard which if wet will buckle and could require the whole floor to be replaced. With hardwood only the area damaged by water will have to be repaired
- Hardwood flooring is real hardwood and is going to have no symmetrical design in it since wood is not exactly symmetrical when it is found out in nature
- Laminate flooring has a very distinct pattern which means it can be discernible that the flooring is not real hardwood.
- There are times when Laminate flooring is a logical choice, but the wood is definitely a step up.
(Visited 195 times, 1 visits today)