For most homeowners their home is their single largest investment. It makes sense that keeping your home in tip top condition not only increases your standard of living, but also increases the value of your home and when you are ready to sell it will give you the best return on your investment (ROI). Adding hardwood floors or refinishing your hardwood floors can give your home just the impact it needs to increase its value.
On a professional forum on Realtor.com a real estate agent commented, “Hardwood floors enhance the chances of your house selling faster. It will compete better with inventory of “like” properties.”
Five Top Items to Increase Value to your Home:
1. Kitchen Remodeling; realtors and interior designers both agree that a kitchen remodel give the greatest return. Hardwood floors enhance the beauty of a kitchen remodel.
2. Bathroom Remodeling; consider beautifying this room with upgrades,i.e. marble or granite counter-tops, under mount sinks, hardwood floors etc.
3. Improved Hardwood Flooring; refurbishing or replacing them will enhance both the look and value of your home.
4. Fresh Paint; changing the pain both inside and out will make your home more attractive & appealing adding value.
5. Lighting; well-placed pools of warm lighting will make your home inviting
A recent survey revealed that home owners preparing their home for sale find that buyers are prepared to pay an average of 16 percent more on a property if it had improvements such as hardwood floors. Even if you’re planning to stay in your home new or refinished hardwood flooring is an inexpensive way to give your home a fresh look and increase its value.